DELIAN ACADEMY FOR NEW MUSIC 2021
Interdisciplinary Collaboration Program for Composers & Sculptors
October - December 2021
Λ Ι Θ Ο Φ Ω Ν Ι Α
Lithophonia is an educational and artistic project of contemporary sculpture and music, organized in collaboration with the Tinos Art School. The goal of the project is the research, creation, and presentation of new sculptural idiophones and music compositions as a result of the interdisciplinary collaboration between young sculptors and composers. The program will be held in a hybrid mode, with workshops and composition lessons taking place online and the final exhibition-concert taking place in Tinos. Following an open call, three young composers active in Greece (regardless of nationality) will be selected to collaborate with faculty members, sculpture students, and performers of ensemble ARTéfacts.
Ensemble in Residence
ARTéfacts ensemble was founded in 2007 by a group of young musicians specialized in contemporary music, all sharing the vision of contributing to the creation of favorable conditions for the understanding, promotion and flourishing of 20th and 21st-century music. The ensemble consists of 6 core members and constantly collaborates with a number of other musicians and a varied range of artists. The flexible structure of the ensemble and, mainly, the presence of a director within its basic core, offer various possibilities for a more fresh, approachable and rich presentation of the contemporary repertoire.
The ensemble performs concerts and multimedia shows in various halls and festivals both in Athens and in certain districts in Greece, such as the Onassis Stegi the Athens & Epidaurus Festival, Institut Francais d’ Athenes, KOTH Underground festival amongst many others and has performed outside Greece, in France (Strasbourg 2013, Reims 2016), Hungary (Budapest 2017), Cyprus (Limassol 2018) and Turkey (Istanbul 2019), while it has collaborated with prominent artists.
Theo Vazakas - Percussion
Costas Seremetis - Percussion
TINOS ART SCHOOL
Tinos Art School was founded in 1955 in Pyrgos, Tinos a town with hundreds of years of tradition in marble sculpture. Its study program includes courses on marble carving, sculpture, painting and drawing, architectural drafting and survey, and art history. The School is part of the Greek Ministry of Culture and several of its graduates continue their studies at the Athens School of Fine Arts or work as marble carvers for the antiquity restorations of Greece.
1) You must be a young composer. While there is no specific age limit, it is expected that you will feel comfortable working with young student sculptors.
2) You must reside or be active in Greece.
1) Participation in the program is free.
2) Participants will be offered free accommodation in Tinos for 4 days, but they need to cover their travel and personal expenses.
3) Participants need to be available to collaborate online from October to December 2021 and meet for 4 days in Tinos in Spring 2022.
1) Personal details and contact information.
2) A short biography in Greek or English.
3) Two representative works regardless of instrumentation. Please include scores and recordings.
4) Deadline: 20 September 2021